500 Startups | Good Startups Masterclass - How to Transform Fear into Creativity
- 7.00 - 7:15 pm - Drinks and get seated
- 7:15 - 9.00 pm - Workshop
- 9.00 - 10.00 pm - Drinks and networking
Mentimeter Code (for audience questions):
Go to www.menti.com and use the code 47 03 84
What if you could turn your daily fears and anxieties (e.g. fundraising, growth rates, etc.) into expanded creativity and innovation? Every great entrepreneur experiences fear. It’s not that they don’t experience fear, it’s their relationship to fear that differentiates them.
In this workshop entrepreneurs will learn cutting edge leadership psychology, neuroscience, and emotional intelligence skills that have been developed at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, arguably the top emotional intelligence research center in the world.
The workshop is co-facilitated by Dr. Daniel Cordaro from Good Startups and the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, along with serial entrepreneur and executive coach Justin Milano who will translate how learning these skills will make an immediate impact on your business and leadership potential. By showing up to this workshop, you are revealing a powerful commitment to your leadership growth and the success of your company.
As a workshop participant, you will learn how to:
- Reliably transform your fears and anxieties into expanded creativity and innovation
- Be a more balanced and resilient leader
- See more possibilities and significantly improve your judgement and decision making
- Reduce worry and anxiety thoughts
- Reduce feelings of burnout and overwhelm
- A healthy relationship with fear is one of the most important entrepreneurial skill sets
- If you are not feeling fear as an entrepreneur, you are either full of ____, not playing a
big enough game, or an enlightened zen master
- Fear is our ally and not something to avoid or “get rid of”
- Fear significantly affects our judgment and decision making
- Most of your fears will never happen
- Neuroscience and leadership psychology is fascinating
Dr. Daniel Cordaro is an emotion psychologist from UC Berkeley, the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, and Good Startups who coaches leaders using his unique domain expertise in psychology, emotional intelligence, unconditional acceptance, and sustainable wellbeing philosophies. Dan was also recently rated the #1 mentor by XPRIZE, a Silicon Valley organization that brings together the top technologists of our time to solve the world’s most pressing problems.
Justin Milano helps exceptional entrepreneurs build thriving companies. As a serial entrepreneur and executive coach, Justin uses a unique blend of business coaching and leadership psychology to help entrepreneurs create breakthroughs and fulfill their maximum potential. Justin has deep experience in the arts of raising capital and forming strategic partnerships. He currently coaches and advises founders and CEO’s at rapidly growing startups including Thrive Market, Local Measure, Voyaj, the Global Accelerator Network, and others.
Justin is currently traveling the world speaking at top accelerators, incubators, and universities about the “human journey of entrepreneurship.” The stories and interviews he is capturing on the road are being included in a new book he is co-authoring with his co-founder Daniel Cordaro from the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, as well as a documentary series he is producing alongside his senior partner Tim Peek who is a 4-time Emmy award-winning journalist.
Venture Capitalist Testimonial:
"The entrepreneurs journey is as much about battling our own dragons (fears, pressures, insecurities, etc.) as it is about external product/market fit, competitive advantage, etc. While many resources exist for sales force optimization, talent recruiting, fundraising and other core areas, few exist to address these other even more critical factors affecting founders and their teams.
Good Startups brings a rare mixture of leading theory with real world experience and DNA to provide startups the support they need to succeed in even the most trying situations. For companies that embrace and master these, they will have a significant advantage over their competitors."
- Matt McCall, Pritzker Capital Group
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
Standard (FREE) FULL
- Venue Address
- The Co., 8, Lengkok Abdullah, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Malaysia
500 Durians900 Followers